Getting Started: [tl;dr]
1. This platform shows you how inhuman(e) mankind's attempts at understanding the unseen have been.
2. Click the map button above to go through philosophies and disciplines.
3. Use the search feature in the map to search specific "triggers" or reasonable concepts that freak out specific philosophers.
Ever since the beginning...
Human beings have asked the same essential questions...
- Why are we here?
- Why is there something rather than nothing?
- Is there a purpose to life?
- Is there anything after death?
- Was there anything before life?
- What is good and evil, or do they even exist?
- Is morality subjective or objective?
- Why does suffering exist?
This is what the field of "Philosophy" deals with,
- Is very good at asking big questions
- Is very bad at answering those big questions
So, after much research...
I have come to the conclusion that the Qur'an contains
the most consistent
and the most reasonable answers
to all the big questions human beings have.
قُلْ فَأْتُوا بِكِتَابٍ مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ هُوَ أَهْدَىٰ مِنْهُمَا أَتَّبِعْهُ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ صَادِقِينَ - 28:49
Say, "Then bring a scripture from Allah which is more guiding than either of them that I may follow it, if you should be truthful."
فَإِنْ لَمْ يَسْتَجِيبُوا لَكَ فَاعْلَمْ أَنَّمَا يَتَّبِعُونَ أَهْوَاءَهُمْ ۚ وَمَنْ أَضَلُّ مِمَّنِ اتَّبَعَ هَوَاهُ بِغَيْرِ هُدًى مِنَ اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ - 28:50
But if they do not respond to you - then know that they only follow their desires. And who is more astray than one who follows his desire without guidance from Allah? Indeed, Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people.
ZunnLess DOES NOT aim to show the answers that Revelation provides.
That you can do yourself.
ZunnLess aims to show you how foolish, inconsistent, and dangerous human attempts to define life and life's purpose have been.